Door frame

This is where I will make periodic entries regarding the build progress of my kit. I will post photos, and discuss work completed or problems encountered.
MikeFairbanks
Site Admin

Door frame

Post by MikeFairbanks »

So today I got busy on framing the triangle windows and door openings. This task seems to be a tricky one for a lot of people, and I was no exception. I had watched a video or two on it, and thought I had a handle on it only to have some trouble after cutting most of the pieces to fit. For some reason I had put the bottom window pieces on upside down. Once I saw what I had done I couldn't tell you why I had, it didn't make sense. Anyway, once I realized what I had done I had to try and salvage it... and I'm happy to say, while there will be a bit more body work, I think it will turn out just fine without having to order any replacement parts.
Attachments
IMG_2228.JPG
IMG_2229.JPG
MikeFairbanks
Site Admin

Re: Door frame

Post by MikeFairbanks »

Got everything cleaned up, dimpled, bonded and riveted in place on the pilot side tonight...
Attachments
IMG_2243.JPG
MikeFairbanks
Site Admin

Re: Door frame

Post by MikeFairbanks »

With the pilot side glued and riveted, I applied the first coat of Super-fil to the joints.
IMG_2253.JPG
Then I moved over and glued and riveted to passenger side, sure glad I've got so many clamps!
IMG_2252.JPG